programming button 1 for continuous eye focus

Hi All.

I have watched countless youtube clips, on how to customise a button , for continuous eye focus.

None, show the A 9, but I figured Gary Fongs A7 III would be similar, however, nothing I do, brings up the EYE AF  in the menu, the way he shows how to do it ?

Is the A9 so different, a menu ??

Any step by step info, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance  Wally

Not sure what you are asking...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ah, ok, see, Gary Fong, never mentioned that crucial bit of information !

Thanks for the explanation, Ill follow your instructions, as soon as I can borrow a friend, to point at, while pressing the key.

Im otherwise occupied just now, but should be able to try that , sometime tomorrow  afternoon

Ill get back to you, with the result.

Thanks  again,  for the explanation.

I also went through your link to the a9 instructions and i couldnt find  Continuous Eye Autofocus anywhere

Ah, OK , I just took a break, and once you get to the  customise button menu, and select  the AEL button, on the rear, on the  A9 there are 3 pages of functions, and the  eye AF, does not appear, until page 3.

Also, once I understood the process, Buttons 1 & 2, would be no good, since its not exactly a    setting...  It only works as long as you  press the button !

If using 1 or 2, then it would be awkward, trying to press the shutter, while trying to hold either  button 1 or 2  down.

Ok,  Ive got the menu bit  set, but  I have not been able to test it, as no one, is around.

Ok Tomorrow, ill update.

Thanks Again !!

Edited by Wally The Confused

Ok I cannot  import  the original as it was 8 mb.

However it was very good, i guess a lot of the sharp detail is lost by shrinking the image, but it works really well.

Thanks for your help !!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 6 months later...

Is it possible to assign a custom button to actually toggle the eye af On or Off, rather than having to hold it down all the time.

An alternate solution would be to Toggle (without holding a button down) if possible, from Human to Animal which would turn eye af for humans off.

There are other options where you can select a Toggle for example, Register AF Toggle on AF2 page 4/19 on the A9