Sony RX10mII

I was curious about using the RX10m2 for shooting short films. I have been using an A7s and an A5100. I like the A7s, i havent really been utilizing the low light to its ability, I havent needed it. The a5100, I am not a huge fan of as it overheats a lot and quickly. The A7s never overheats. Would the RX10 ii have the overheating issue? Is this meant to be more of a video camera like the A7s? Or is it a stills camera that just can do video like the a5100? I really want the 4k ability of the RX10 2 and to have 2x cameras at the price of one A7s. Would that work? Would the RX10 be worse for video (disregarding the lowlight and sensor size and lens options). Thank you

• 1 month later...

I have just added the RX10 II to my Wedding Video kit, I love using it so far, it compliments my AX100 nicely and adds some slow motion options that the AX100 can't do. Early days yet but it looks like it will cope with ISO1600 in Video without to much trouble, brilliant EVF useful when outside in the sun. I shall be using it for Video as I use D750's for stills, however it has the ability to shoot full res stills while capturing video by pressing the shutter button.

I rely on AF and the RX10 II does not disappoint, I need my wedding video to be in focus and sharp, there does not appear to be any overheating issues, I have not tested it to the 29 mins but I am aware of a user that has with no problems. One tip when shooting for long periods is to pull the LCD screen away from the body which allows better air circulation.

Hope that helps  Phil