Working with XAVC S and AVCHD formats

I have been a Canon/LR shooter for the past 7 years.  Recently made the switch to Sony.  Had some initial reservations when I realized LR did not play well with .arw files.  However, I found a way to convert the Sony .arw files into a LR-friendly format.  ? 

Last week, I purchased Capture One 12 (Sony version) hoping to cut the cord to LR.  I just shot multiple video clips on a7iii and can't even see the files on the SD card.  Can't import into CaptureOne or Filmora.  Started checking the video formats and realized I may need to convert the XAVC S and AVCHD formats.  Welp...I tried several "converter" programs.  Either they do not support these file types or I can't locate the correct one. ? 

There HAS to be a way to view/transfer theses files.  Hoping someone can shed some light, please.  I am at my wits end.

My set-up:  a7iii, running Windows10 on a Lenovo, Capture One Pro 12 (Sony)

Thanks

-Soraya

I used to use Sony and capture one and never had your problem. My suggestion is contact capture 1 support, my experience with them was their support and responce time is outstandingly. They make Adobe look like a little  start up 3rd world company.

there responce time by email is always under 24 hours, sometimes almost by return, or you can phone them as well