Did I fry my Sony A7iii?

copster

So I bought my A7iii used from a very well known and liked store.  I have used it for a few months no problem.  I bought a cheaper battery grip for it and have been using a dual shoulder harness with the screw in mount.  Today i saw that the screw in went a little further that usual but did not think of anything.  I turned on my camera and now i can not use any buttons except for the shutter.  none of the FN or the Menu buttons work.  ALSO it smells like wires melting.  I took off the battery pack and just used the Battery in the camera.  still the same.  Did I fry my camera???  Is there some type of button lock? or do I need to call Sony????

You did what?
You had a 3rd-party battery unit and you screwed a screw in the living body of your 7AIII?

Do you know what?
You are the reason why the prices are so high and why nobody wants to give camera owners insurance.
You need a new camera. And an adult to watch what you are doing so that you do not harm yourself.

NO! the moves you described are not warranty or insurance issues.
You killed your camera. Guilty as charged.

Err... I'm pretty sure he ment he attached the battery grip and shoulder harness to the tripod screw thread at the bottom of the camera. You're supposed to screw stuff in there.

7 minutes ago, martti_s said:

You had a 3rd-party battery unit and you screwed a screw in the living body of your 7AIII?

martti_s i hope that was a joke.  If not you are a an idiot...  Thank you Pieter for pointing that out to him.  

so this is now the issue.

Ok so I can get into the menu and other functions when i put it in movie mode on the dial, turn it off then back on.  i can use all the buttons and they work.  although when i turn the mode dial to anything else it locks me out of all the buttons again.  so frustrating...

Edited by copster
misspelled words

I did. I was able to get it in movie mode and get into the menu. I then did a factory reset. If I turn the mode dial to M S A or P and turn it off then back on it will go into the the that mode. But still not able to go into menu unless in movie mode.