Sony A7iii Moire issues

Hi,

I switch over from Canon in January after 15 years working with that system. I love the Sony system but am experiencing huge problems with Moire on clothing during both studio and natural light projects. 

The A7iii is stated as having an AA filter but Moire is causing a huge issue for me to the point where I may have to abandon ship and return to Canon to avoid huge problems on client work.

To avoid the upheaval of another system change, I’m looking for info and input on the A7Riii and A9 as alternatives. The A9 is listed as having an AA filter....Is it the same one as the A7iii or is it more effective/powerful and does the resolution of the A7Riii help eliminate or reduce cases of Moire?

Look forward to hearing from anyone with working experience with either A7Riii or A9 and/or others who have had the same issues when migrating to the Sony system.

Thanks, Chris.  

Showing a moire is a physical effect of two regular and interfering patterns, like in the pixels on the sensor interfering with regular thread patterns in all kinds of fabric.Since this is a physical phenomenon, all ways to avoid this come with a loss in image quality. The moire is the flip side (you may call it the down side) of the very sharp images the Sony alphas produce. Any anti-aliasing filter actually reduces the possible resolution of your camera.

Fortunately, someone has found a way to selectively reduce this effect during post-processing. Have a look at this video tutorial, which is Capture One based.

Thanks for the response. I’m looking to gauge if the A9 has a more effective AA filter or if the resolution of the A7Riii has any reduction or avoidance of Moire. 

Does anyone on here have any real working experience with either camera when it comes to the issue or links to any info?

Thanks, Chris.