Got the IV fever

I was really really happy with my A7RIII. But, now I have the A7RIV fever. I guess I will sell the A7RIII, which only has a shutter count of 196 as of 7/22/19 and is in perfect condition. I have the original box and everything it came with new. 

Let me know if anyone is interested in it.

John

The latest news is that Sony will start shipping the A7RIV on September 12, 2019

I can't wait. This camera will rival my old Hasselblad. The A7RIII is a great camera. The IV is even better. Sony just keeps getting better and better.

John

I'm going from an A7Rii to the new iv.    Don't really "need" a new toy, but I guess cameras are my sports car/boat/time-share/motorcycle/etc.    Be interesting to see if Sony can keep the high-iso noise at bay with all those pixels.   They claim they can.  If you can mention Sony and Hasselblad in the same sentence; that says a lot.  I was a Nikon guy until the A7R came out and I have always thought that Sony was on the right track for new camera gear.   Nikon and Canon seem to be obsessed with the past.  I am hoping that by ordering on the first day (actually, the first hour) that pre-orders were accepted, maybe I can get in the first shipment.  We'll see.   Good luck, have fun.

Would love to get the IV but when you stop and think about it, all those megapixels come with a liability...the files will be huge and my poor iMac has a hard time with 24MP Raw Files now.  Perhaps it would be a motivator to get a new computer too?  Still other than cropping not much to do with those huge images; certainly can't print them or even display them.  But love to pixel peek and with the pixel shift technology, the amount of potential detail is going to be amazing.

Wow, it is an incredible camera and has really taken Sony way ahead of the "Opposition" - it is a camera that will demand the best glass or the benefits of that new sensor will not be as evident as hoped.  It does however offer a 26mp option when used in APSC format which would be an option for those who include wildlife / sports as part of their profile but again, quality glass is critical.

I am more than happy with my current Sony's that are both 24mp for my needs and could not justify the new camera................at the risk of being sworn at, I am thinking about the RX100Vii to use as a small always carry camera for street etc especially with the AFC / eye focus capability that is similar to the A9!

2 hours ago, Iansky said:

Wow, it is an incredible camera and has really taken Sony way ahead of the "Opposition" - it is a camera that will demand the best glass or the benefits of that new sensor will not be as evident as hoped.  It does however offer a 26mp option when used in APSC format which would be an option for those who include wildlife / sports as part of their profile but again, quality glass is critical.

I am more than happy with my current Sony's that are both 24mp for my needs and could not justify the new camera................at the risk of being sworn at, I am thinking about the RX100Vii to use as a small always carry camera for street etc especially with the AFC / eye focus capability that is similar to the A9!

The RX100Vii looks like a perfect street/always-on-board camera.    24 MP is plenty and the optics are probably good.   The eye focus would be the deal maker for me.

On 7/31/2019 at 12:47 PM, jstevensphoto said:

The RX100Vii looks like a perfect street/always-on-board camera.    24 MP is plenty and the optics are probably good.   The eye focus would be the deal maker for me.

Thanks and after even more reviews of RX100 vi images with the same lens I am happy with me decision especially with the same AFC/eye performance as the A9!

Because my need for autofocus is not so critical I just bought a really nice used  rx100 iii for around town and non photography-centric vacations. The little camera is an absolute jewel. 

The 42 mp in my a7rii seem plenty for me. I can't justify the expense of a new a7riv. But for those who need its capabilities it sounds like a great camera.

On 7/31/2019 at 3:05 AM, Iansky said:

...at the risk of being sworn at, I am thinking about the RX100Vii to use as a small always carry camera for street etc especially with the AFC / eye focus capability that is similar to the A9!

I’ve been thinking the same thing, I love my a9, but this tiny camera would be great to keep in the car or in a pocket for those spur of the moment times.