Preordered the A7Riv

I too have had all of the A7r's up to and including the A7rIII.  But the truth is that I've never really bonded with the ergonomics.  For my physique, the camera without the battery grip is unusable, and add a GM lens and the grip once again becomes a necessary add-on.  So while the additional pixels would be nice, I'm not going to drink the Kool-Aid, and in fact have opted for less pixels, but a more ergonomically in tune body—for my purposes—with the Panasonic S1r.  With it, I enjoy the added benefit of being able to seamlessly use my Leica SL lenses.  

But now I have to find a home for my A7rIII and a host of GM lenses.

Edited by ron777

I have to agree the feel of the camera with a big f2.8 lens is a little cumbersome.    I have sort of gotten used to it over the years.   We travel a lot and the size of the Sonys suit us.    I'm sure you will find a buyer for your Sonys.   Have fun.

19 hours ago, jstevensphoto said:

I have to agree the feel of the camera with a big f2.8 lens is a little cumbersome.    I have sort of gotten used to it over the years.   We travel a lot and the size of the Sonys suit us.    I'm sure you will find a buyer for your Sonys.   Have fun.

I haven't been in a great rush to sell the A7rIII and lenses, as I've not had a great deal of success selling gear privately, and the big box stores, such as B&H and Adorama, basically want to steal your equipment.  

That said, one additional concern that I've had about the A7rIV, even thought it is not on my bucket list, is its low light performance.  Stuffing all those extra pixels onto the same size sensor must mean that the pixels are smaller.  And smaller pixels are generally less light sensitive, leading to an overall increase in noise. Of course, Sony may have compensated for the noise factor with their processing algorithms, but it will be interesting to see what they've done about low light sensitivity. 

Edited by ron777

Well here is the thing. The SONY flagship cameras ( A99 series ) is really worth the wait as it will automatically out do the A7R lot. However yes I will agree the A7RII and it's 61MP has a nice ring to it.

However what I really want is CSM ( Hi ) in silent mode without the lines problem. This is something that clients demand a lot. They think Quiet shooting mode is literally the same thing. However that would be my ultimate selling point for the A7RIV.

My A7RII has the ability to use play memories with user created applications, rather then SONY only materials. That is one reason why I love my A7RII still. However yesterday in the sun the protective glass over the display shifted off, which only makes me happier because that means I could probably blow dryer replace the glass.

Again A99 has more features but if the A7RIV can produce true CSM ( Hi ) in Quiet shooting mode