Sony a6000 (Alpha 6000) - Camera issue - Won't turn on - Any Advice?

Hi there,

could you please help me out with the following a6000 issue? I've made a video, which shows the actual situation. Unfortunately the camera won't turn on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LokmdUjLU1c&feature=youtu.be

This happened after trying to format a SD card within the cameras menu. During formatting it turned off automatically. After that it behaves like it's shown in the video. As you can see, it tries to focus three times and then won't react to any action. The third time focussing is added by a signal tone from the camera itself. Please help me out, if you have a suggestion.

Thanks everyone

Valentin

Edited by valentin87

Have you tried a different SD card?  Also maybe try a factory reset.   After that, I would think a call to Sony might be in order.

These cameras are the same as phones anymore in that they are actually just a computer that happens to do something else, in this case take pictures.

Thanks. Yes, I've tried another SD card, no reaction. Factory reset is not possible because you're not able to get the menu. Connecting it to the computer won't work either. It's probably time for a repair. Thank you very much for your respond. Best regards, Valentin

Although it is too late as the O.P. has sent this to Sony for a fix, here is something to consider.

Perhaps it is the kit lens.  The kit lens retracts when turned off to store in a minimal size, then it extends when the camera is turned on.  I can hear it attempt to extend, but then halt.  In the circumstance shown in the video, I would attempt a power on with a different lens to eliminate the possibility of damage to the extension device of the kit lens.  This is a common issue with older point-and-shoot cameras that also extend the lens housing for use.

Oh... You sure you had a good, fully charged battery?

• 2 weeks later...