Sony A9 deals

I see that London Camera Exchange are offering a £300 trade in against an A9 and this is after them dropping the price by £1000.00 so is this another indication that Sony will be launching a Sony A9ii before the end of this year in time for next years Olympics?

I traded in a batch of older Nikon F lenses and ended up paying £2K for my A9 and it is probably the best investment I have made, it is an astonishing camera and the auto focus is beyond belief (I took my Nikon D500 out yesterday and it made me realise how fantastic the Sony is) - the latest firmware update has taken the camera to another level  and as I shoot quite a lot of sport / wildlife / aircraft it is the perfect tool for the job.

I do wonder what apart from a sensor with more megapixels Sony will offer?

Perhaps a faster sensor read, or one or two QXD card slots. They may increase to 36mp, if only to boost the reach of those 400 and 600 primes (via cropping).

For me, there’s not much that I can fault with my a9, I’ve never hit the buffer limit, the battery life is amazing and if I want a more ergonomic feel then I can just bolt on the extra battery grip. What would interest me more is an upgrade to the 6400, I’d like to get an APS-C camera to serve as a second/backup camera. Something with a faster frame rate and two card slots, I could also use it for some extra reach for wildlife / moon shots with the 200-600.

I agree, for what I shoot there is no real need for faster readout or even more MP. I do use the "Small rig" grips on my A9 & A7iii and they are brilliant as add that extra depth for the little finger, protect the camera and offer Swiss Arca fitting for both landscape and portrait shooting - and cheap! https://www.smallrig.com/cages/sony

I agree that the battery life is superb and like you I have never hit the buffer!

A superb camera that does it for me.