Shutter on my A7iii sounds like it’s taking 4 images on aperture priority, but only 1 image saved.

Hi 

just getting used to my A7iii, but recently found shutter making sounds like it was recording 3 or 4 images each time the shutter button was pressed on A setting 

On auto it sounds like 2 images are being taken and on 1 setting on mode dial, it sounds normal, ie one image being recorded.

It always seems to record just a single image on the SD card after I check on playback 

I  have changed a few settings recently but now I can’t get it back to how it was originally.

it takes a second or so to copy the single image recorded onto the SD card each time the shutter is pressed.

This is regardless of whether or not the jpeg is extra fine or fine or smallest size.

I use Nikon F lenses with dumb adapter most of the time , and Sony zoom for family etc.

Is default reset the best option?

Any help much appreciated 

Hi

thank for advice re hdr 

will look into it although I think I probably switched it off.

I have tried reset to default twice over the last few days ,  but although it very much improved situation , after a couple of days the problem came back again.

I have just upgraded the firmware to 3:01 tonight,  but initially no improvement, but then reset yet again - and shutter back to normal.

But will have to wait and see if this is a permanent solution or not