A6000 - Timelapse app v3.00 not updating to v3.11???

Hi guys, girls, men, women, animals and all other users with access to this site.

I've had this awesome camera for about a month and love it.

So straight to my problem the new Angle Shift add-on for the Timelapse app is available but needs version 3.11 of the app. Ok no problem will just update app and then purchase Angle Shift.

Not so :(  after uninstalling v3.00 and then installing v3.11 it is still showing v3.00 and no options on app list to install Angle Shift  :angry:

I am running current firmware v2.0 on camera and have tried installing app direct from camera and from playmemories website.

Please help.

Thanks.

Glad its not just me, I was pulling my hair out (and I don't have much left).

I think I've installed and uninstalled it about 10 times.

Not happy after paying £7.99 for it, was so looking forward to trying the Angle Shift add-on but not paying £3.99 for something I can't use yet. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to update PlayMemories software without success, but then found that Sony didn't like my Chrome browser. Opening up in Internet Explorer (Hey Cortana, open internet explorer) and downloading from PlayMemories was then successfull to update firmware and Smart Remote Control

I had this issue and ended up with Sony's enhanced support. Apparently not every camera needs every update. There is a note on the Playmemories site that I never noticed (and has a misspelling) that states:

[Application Version for Your Camera]

The appropriate verion will be automatically chosen on installation.