Sony FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS coming soon

I'm getting a bit more used to it. First lens of this focal length I've had. Getting very nearly 100% hit-rate on the a9.

Just one of my pup's doing what she does best. Full tilt in both images. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered mine from B&H on August 8th, still noting as of October 2nd.  Basically 2 months.  Can't find any information on the web as to what's up with them.  Big product launches in August with all the YouTube photo buffs, then it seems everything died.  Manufacturing issues?  Poor sales forecasting.  I can tell you I have looked all over and no one has them on stock.  How can I exist?

I am in the same boat, probably little over a month out and still no news.  I was thinking they be released by now since a7rIV shipped and FE24mm which was also on back order shipped recently. but no news on 200-600.. its been disappointing.. No one has it.. I've seen 1 or 2 on Ebay but nothing else...  Hope B&H gets some inventory soon. 

yeah I know frustrating.. Im going to start calling other online stores to see if they have any or updates.. If I can find one, then I'll just cancel B&H but it's frustrating for sure.  I know the 24m was on back order for a long time as well.. but still waiting..

15 hours ago, Ctt said:

yeah I know frustrating.. Im going to start calling other online stores to see if they have any or updates.. If I can find one, then I'll just cancel B&H but it's frustrating for sure.  I know the 24m was on back order for a long time as well.. but still waiting..

Good call on checking around. Thought about doing that as well. 

3 hours ago, Edenorchestra said:

Well CaptureShareRepe I ordered mine same on August 8th, and just received.  So there's a metric . .  or not.

Thanks for that! That is a metric for sure. Who knows but for sure but it gives me hope ???

• 2 weeks later...

Mine took two months from B&H.  Just a heads up, they didn't inform me and shipped it.  Only way I knew it was on the way was because my FedEx account texted me.  So you may want to let them know to inform you of shipping.  That's not typical of B&H, they always email me upon shipping, maybe because of the long backorder. I did call and tell them, my experience with them through the years has been stellar to say the least.  Its Sony, they're behind schedule, possible they sold way more than marketing projected.  Hang in there, once it shows up it will be old stuff by then. ?

On 10/23/2019 at 7:26 AM, Edenorchestra said:

Mine took two months from B&H.  Just a heads up, they didn't inform me and shipped it.  Only way I knew it was on the way was because my FedEx account texted me.  So you may want to let them know to inform you of shipping.  That's not typical of B&H, they always email me upon shipping, maybe because of the long backorder. I did call and tell them, my experience with them through the years has been stellar to say the least.  Its Sony, they're behind schedule, possible they sold way more than marketing projected.  Hang in there, once it shows up it will be old stuff by then. ?

Good to know. Still no update from B&H yet. Been over 3 months now. Still excited for it to arrive!

A dealer told me that about 500+ of these are due in to distribution on October 31.  This does not include product going to B&H, this is for brick and mortar stories.  The Oct 31 is a guess as customs can sometimes take much longer than Sony guesses.

Samy's camera had stock today, I called ordered it and it shipped out today for delivery tomorrow.  Called B&H and cancelled my 2 month order..  Oh well, I will have it in my hands tomorrow.. .

Yippee... and my a9ii arrives tomorrow as well so it's like early XMAS...