Image size problem

Hey everybody

Yesterday I bought the Sony a7 iii

And I have two problems that I do not understand.

1. Language: My camera is in Chinese or Japanese (I do not really know) and no matter how much I searched the Internet I could not find a way to transfer it to the English language

2. Image Size: My camera is on mode

3:2

X.fine 

Jpeg 

And the maximum megapixel that he gives me is 10M, how do I move it to 24M?

It may be related to a memory card?

Thx!!!

I'm on an a7rIII but the menu system should be much the same, so...

1) Language can be changed at Menu > Setup (toolbox icon) > page 4 of 7 > Language (at the bottom) 

2) Appears that the camera is set to APS-C/Super 35mm (crop mode). This is turned off at Menu > Camera Icon 1 > page 1 of 14 >  APS-C/Super 35mm (at the bottom).

Again, this information is based on a different Sony model so you should download the a7III user manual.

Edited by Bokehbobo
spelling

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 7:37 PM, Bokehbobo said:

I'm on an a7rIII but the menu system should be much the same, so...

1) Language can be changed at Menu > Setup (toolbox icon) > page 4 of 7 > Language (at the bottom) 

2) Appears that the camera is set to APS-C/Super 35mm (crop mode). This is turned off at Menu > Camera Icon 1 > page 1 of 14 >  APS-C/Super 35mm (at the bottom).

Again, this information is based on a different Sony model so you should download the a7III user manual.

Hello my friends, I bought an Alpha s7mark ii from Japan, which has only Japanese as the menu language , and Bokehbobo as you said,

' Menu > Setup (toolbox icon) > page 4 of 7 > Language (at the bottom) '

in my camera ,there supposed to appear a icon starting with an 'A' symbol to open the language menu, where you can select the language , but it's not there... 

This below there seems to be a  way to solve my problem, but it looks like  nobody after 2014-5  tried that method and I can not be sure, that my body 's hardware will not be harmed. 

https://sony-pmca.appspot.com/plugin/app/com.github.ma1co.openmemories.tweak

as shown here in the video too,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc83xZfBCVc

This method claims that there is actually a language menu inside the camera, but it's locked therefore not shown,  and with reverse engineering - explains in the video and the link -  

you can unlock the  hidden menu and activate the language menu in the camera

Is this safe ? is there any other safe way to solve my problem, since in the  ' caution ' paragraph it's says we'll do it with our own risk ! 

How come there is no way to change the lang. anyway ? Is it only Japanese buyers live in Japan, what if I'm an expad living in Japan and bought this camera ? 

There must be a way in my case I hope, 

Thanx for your supports 

On 6/3/2019 at 7:37 PM, Bokehbobo said: