Sign in to follow this  
Iansky

Loving the 24-105

I have recently upgraded from the very good Sony Zeiss 24-170 f4 to the Sony 24-105 f4 ( got a very good trade in price on the 24-70) and I have to say I am delighted.

The 24-105 gives me the extra reach I was looking for in a lens that is not too large or heavy and that delivers superb image quality.

This will be my general "walkabout" lens and probably spend most of its time on the A7iii.

I grabbed some B&W images yesterday as we set up for a re-enactment event this weekend.

SFX-13-FrameShop.jpg

Cool picture! I love my 24-105. It’s on my camera 70% of the time. It’s as sharp as you could ask for in a zoom with that much range. It’s not quite as uncannily sharp as my 20 and 35 primes but it’s awfully, awfully close. My only complaint is at 35mm compared to my 35 prime there is an ever so slight pin cushioning goin’ on, at least by comparison. I probably wouldn’t notice if I hadn’t back to backed. Still....for a zoom it’s really, really good.