28mm manual focus lens

Lenza

Hello everyone, 

I made many research but I was unable to find a 28mm manual focus lens with E mount for full frame camera, that is native for E mount (can use without any adaptor). 

Do you maybe know if some minor provider has such a glass, and/or if there's any rumor about this focal length being work in progress by any producer? 

Thank you in advance! 

Luca 

• 3 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 6:35 AM, Lenza said:

Hello everyone, 

I made many research but I was unable to find a 28mm manual focus lens with E mount for full frame camera, that is native for E mount (can use without any adaptor). 

Do you maybe know if some minor provider has such a glass, and/or if there's any rumor about this focal length being work in progress by any producer? 

Thank you in advance! 

Luca 

Luca -

Is there a particular reason that you don't want to use a lens adapter ?

The mirrorless camera has such a shorter lens-flange to sensor distance than was true with 35mm SLR cameras such that lenses made for 35mm SLRs allow the use of a purely mechanical lens adapter on a mirrorless camera without any intervening lens.

I'm using my Sony A7iii with old Canon 'FD' lenses that I used long ago when first getting into 35mm film photography - they work very well.

Best Regards;

- Paul