A7SII picture low quality

Hi,

I have problem with my Sony A7SII MTS files video quality. As I am making videos for television, I have to film in 50i. And I belive, that Sony can make it better.

Here is example: https://youtu.be/0iw0uQynsbc

As you can see, all straight lines are flickering. Seems like detail level is low or something else... any idea, what I have to change? 

If I am making videos for youtube or FB and choose 50p/mp4 then its OK.

Thank you.

Martin.

I have to think it's the junk that MTS files are. If it was a robust and wonderful codec/format everybody'd be shooting MTS, and they aren't. At least in my corner of the universe. Helped a friend edit who did a shoot in MTS and it was painful. Wasn't enough data in the files to get a decent image. Good thing the people paying him didn't know a thing about video other that what they see on their phones. That sample looks anemic, struggling to play smoothly. Hope you figure it out because that look isn't very inspiring.

I don't produce interlaced video so this is a little beyond my ken, but does the flicker appear when you watch on a TV monitor?  Interlace flicker is a common problem and your editing software may have a "deflicker" mode, but I also wonder whether the flicker is a product of watching 50i on a "progressive" monitor, like a computer, versus a TV monitor which using an interlaced stream.

6 hours ago, HurricaneImagesInc. said:

I don't produce interlaced video so this is a little beyond my ken, but does the flicker appear when you watch on a TV monitor?  Interlace flicker is a common problem and your editing software may have a "deflicker" mode, but I also wonder whether the flicker is a product of watching 50i on a "progressive" monitor, like a computer, versus a TV monitor which using an interlaced stream.

I am using Sony as my 2-nd camera. Main camera is Panasonic P2 (shooting 50i) and it's picture is fine at computer monitors.

My friend using Sony A7SII for TV too. And filming 50i. He has no flickering problems.

If you can, borrow your friend's a7SII and do a direct comparison.  You can also swap lenses if you think that's the culprit (though I'd personally doubt it), and compare setups.  If the problem is interlace, then its very dependent on what you're shooting-- the horizontal lines.  Perhaps he has the same issue but hasn't identified it.  You're also shooting with half the Mps with interlace.  With the A7sii, 50i is 24Mps; whereas it can shoot 50Mps at 50p.  But honestly, I don't think that should create flicker.