Sigma 100-400mm With MC-11 Adapter for A7III

Hi All.  I do a lot of outdoor photography; landscape, nature, wildlife when I can find it.  I recently switched from a Canon 80D to a Sony A7III.  I'm torn between two lenses and was wondering if any of you could help.

First Sigma has a 100-400mm f/5.6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens for Canon EF that can be coupled with the Sigma MC-11 mount converter Canon EF-E.  This seems like a good way to go except everywhere I usually shop says they are on back order and havve no idea when they will get them in.  I did find a refurbished version of this lens that I could buy but I'm hesitant to buy refurbished.

There is also a Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM with the same Sigma MC-11 adapter that I am considering.

I guess I should say that I absolutely cannot affford the native Sony 100-400mm lens. Oh I wish I could.

Do you folks have any recommendations?  I'm not a pro, but In love photography and especially outdoor photography.

Thanks very much for your time

Don't disregard yet!

I too am in about the same situation. I have an a6000 (soon to be an a6400), the kit lenses, a Tamron 18-200 and an old Nikkor 35-70 zoom.

I like wildlife and nature, landscape etc.

Am thinking about the SEL70-300g, the Sigma/MC-11 150-600c and the Sigma/MC-11 100-400.

I'm thinking the 70-300 would have too much overlap with the Tamron and the 150-600 would be so big and heavy I wouldn't use it much.

Does anyone have any experience with the 100-400 as far as the AF and sharpness goes?

Any direction would be appreciated.

Knack

• 2 weeks later...