Sign in to follow this  
Johnhoward28

Is there enough traffic on this forum to make it worth posting to?

I have posted to this forum a few times and have noticed that there is very little traffic and interaction on this forum.   So, either there are just very few people interested in Sony Alpha APS-C cameras, or they are not using this forum and are going somewhere else.  I wonder which one it is?

37 minutes ago, PDGood said:

I'm not having much luck so far.

What kind of "luck" are you expecting?!!

In your first post, which was only 13 hours ago, you didn't bother to introduce yourself - you didn't even tell your name.

This forum has, in my personal view, a sore surplus of first-time posters who just pop in and ask questions which require actual effort of actual people to answer. This forum is not an automated, Sony related search engine. Many people don't even bother to say "thank you" for any effort expended on an answer that was given to them, even if it was a correct one.

If you don't like that, the only advice I can give you is: Be the change you want to see in the world! Become a contributor, instead of a "drainer". And eventually, over time, you'll be part of a real discussion. Including: receiving answers.

This is not a very busy forum but one with some active and experienced users willing to make an effort to provide as good an answer as they can to your questions. In the various threads you were involved in I can see people did the same for you Johnhoward28. If you don't like the speed or efficiency at which answers are provided, this is indeed not the place for you.

They say: "Time heals all wounds".

And it's amusing to see, how the passing of less than a year papers over in some people's minds the reasons for why username got kicked out of this forum. I would have liked to link some of his "fresh perspectives", but they have been purged as well. SO SAD.  

SCNR

I can see how people were offended by him and admittedly he was stretching it a bit every now and then, but honestly I found most of his posts amusing. People generally just failed to see the irony in them and took him too seriously.

I don't know what post tipped the bucket for him but I remember some of his last posts where he got in an argument with Jaf Photo, Jaf refusing to post some of his work as proof of being an experienced photographer. Jaf instead returned the question to username, who in turn posted 15 pages of his photo's. To me that was quite hilarious though many were annoyed by it.

Edited by Pieter
added anecdote

OP: try "photography-on-the-net" forum. Very busy and excellent site if you want something robust.

Lot's of sub forums.

"ugly hedgehog" photo forum also.

If you have an Olympus, try "mu-43.com" forum