A6500 mic level setting with an external Slate Tone feed

I have a pair of a6500 bodies being fed sound to the mic input from an external recorder (a stereo Y-cable from the recorder with individual TRS cables to each a6500).

The recorder can generate a Slate Tone, set to -20 dB FS, in order to set recording volume to that level in the camera bodies.

The a6500 audio scale under Menu page 2/2, item Audio Rec Level, shows a gain scale with numerical markers at -20, -3 and 0 dB.   The adjustment scale under item Audio Rec Level ranges from 0 to 31.

At the minimum setting of 1 on the adjustment scale (0 to 31), the -20 dB Slate Tone registers approximately -12 dB level on the gain scale.

What is the range of dB settings in the camera against its 0-31 setting range???

Edited by allebaug
incomplete entry

FYI - I received a response from online Sony Support on the above question.  I was referred to the interactive online Help Guide for the A6500.

Net, there is no mention of Decibel/dB levels, or of any association of the 0-31 range setting to the displayed decibel gain scale graph, within the Help Guide.

End.