If it were me I would go with the A6400. Thinking about getting one as a backup for my a9.

The a6400 has the faster chip speed, so its more processing power for less money.

Edited by LiveShots

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By yt1300
      Hi, I've been using a Sony a6000 for years and love it, but it has recently developed a very irritating problem. The shutter has become slow and hesitates when I try to take a picture, often resulting in a 1-2 second delay between me pressing the shutter and it actually taking the problem. Similarly, on bracket modes and continuous shooting, it no longer fires evenly and consistently. Instead, it will take pictures sporadically, often with long pauses between shots. I mostly shoot wildlife (which tends not to sit still), so this type malfunction is extremely difficult to work with.

I am aware the some lenses or high ISO settings can cause shutter delays, but I am using the same lenses that I have always used as well as the same settings (I have three lenses, and it does this for all of them). So this seems to be an actual problem that the camera has developed (to the best of my knowledge I have not changed any settings, but if someone knows of a setting that would cause this, please let me know and I'll check).

I have also tried several batteries and memory cards, and it does this for all of them.

Additionally, I have tried setting the camera to back button focus, but this does not make a difference.

Finally, my camera has also developed a glitch where, after taking a picture, it sometimes shows the photo for a brief fraction of a second, rather than the two seconds it is set to. This glitch is sporadic, trivial, and may have nothing to do with the more serious shutter problem, but I thought I'd mention it in case they are connected.
      Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS I travel with my camera a lot and was traveling when I first noticed the problem, so it has been through quite a few airports, cramped cars, etc., but to the best of my knowledge it has not been dropped or otherwise physically abused.
    • By dburg
      Does anyone know if the a6500 is able to remember settings between the separate video/photo functions?
      I’m running into the problem where I will dial in the settings I want on the video function, take a video, then switch over to Manual (or aperture priority), and readjust the settings to take a picture. When I move back to the video function, my original video settings are now replaced by the more recent settings that were used to take the photo, leaving my frantically readjusting to get back to the proper video settings originally used.
    • By SDeGat
      I know that I can lock the dials/wheels but how about locking one of the wheels? (Not both) Is that possible?
      I use this on my Nikon while in the studio for example to make sure I don't mess up my flash sync speed without noticing.
    • By Mean-Gene
      After having my camera for a while, it has started to make a louder, almost grinding noise when I take photos.  

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any ideas on wheat it might be?
      (Dirt, dying, etc)
    • By JonathanStewart
      Rolling shutter on the RX100M4 has made hand-held video use impossible.  It would appear great as an inconspicuous second camera or miniature pocketable option. Sometimes subjects are put off by larger cameras, so having 4k and great raw stills in that small package seemed like a perfect option.   But from the first day, rolling shutter, and to a lesser extent poor IS, has made the videos pretty much unusable.  I'm still happy with the stills, and I love the apps (don't use HFR much), but as a video camera, it's a total fail. 

Here's my latest travel video from Ethiopia. To reduce the rolling shutter, I set the camera to 1080/30p, down from 4k, but still, the results are just unacceptable.  The stills from the A7R2 came out great, and the footage shot from that camera also had better rolling shutter control.  But I need a better small option for a second camera.  Anybody have any suggestions? Thinking about the a6300, but heard that has rolling shutter issues.  Maybe the delayed Nikon DL?