Turning off Sony A7III external flash

Hi guys

Please bare with me as Im new to the system. Recently switched from canon 5d mark iv to sony a7iii. On my canon i was able to switch off the external flash without having to physically turn the flash switch off by going to menu and disable/enable flash. I think its so convenient whenever I wanna shoot with fill flash or if I only wanna get an ambient light with no flash. However in Sony I could not find a work around to it? Is it something possible? I know the fact when I switch to silent shooting, flash will automatically disabled. However when changing back to mechanical shutter theres a glitch in Sony (some are aware of this glitch) and flash wont fire until you turn off and turn it back on or sometimes even having to take it off from the hotshoe (defeats my purpose)

I dont know why the "flash off" option is always greyed out in P A S M mode? What's the purpose of having that then? 

So the question is

Is there any way for us to disable the flash temporarily by going into the menu without having to physically switch off the button on the flash?

My flash is godox tt685s

Thanks