• I do tend to print relatively large, 17x22 at least, for exhibition. I seldom crop, preferring to compose full frame, but still, for my purposes the higher the resolution the better. It is a shame as I do love the way the Fuji handles and for me a good camera is like a good pair of shoes, the most important part is the fit.
    • I suspect the Fuji x100v will not have the resolution you require after the RX1, but the new 23mm lens (35 mm FF) is very sharp and  able.  I also just saw an unusual video of one photographer extolling the virtues of the Sigma fp for lightweight photography, though without fast AF.  I will look forward to hearing your result.
    • I recently moved from canon 5d mk4 to Sony a7r4. Partly to save on weight and bulk, but mainly for improved autofocus. Initially I went for the 70-200gm 2.8. But found it to be a very lens heavy combination saving me almost nothing on my canon admittedly with very nice results. Then decided to try the tamron 70-180,  to my mind it matches the mirrorless ethos perfectly, small in size and light in weight, so much nicer to have on my shoulder for hours at a time. Yes it is missing the “bells
    • I have a dilemma. My favorite digital camera ever has been the RX1r2. It perfectly suits what I need for about 75% of my work. (I have a Nikon Z7 and lenses for the rest.) The pop-up viewfinder on my RX1r2 has now broken for the second time and it is a pain to get fixed, if I can get it fixed at all. The first time it cost me $600 to have it repaired and took nearly three months. I have been waiting, and waiting and waiting, in the hope that a RX1r3 might eventually come out. By now I have no id
    • Well, I have only been a member here for less than 10 days and made one post and now I'm going to happily correct my first post. I previously stated I was about ready to pull the trigger on the Sony Alpha a7II, but that isn't going to happen. I re-examined my priorities and yesterday I ordered a Sony a7III. The two lenses that I'm getting are the Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens which is actually a Sony "Kit" lens and I also added a Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens. I read so many good rev
  • Topics