Need a Fast Lens

I recently switched from Nikon to a Sony a7 III.  I have 2 lenses:  the FE 24-105 f/4 and the FE 70-300 f/4.5-5.6.  I need something with a better low light capability.  I'm covered from 24mm to 300 mm so  that probably means a prime lens.  I'm here fishing for suggestions.

The stellar lenses imo  

24 GM, 50 Sony Planar 1.4, 85GM and the 85mm f1.8, the sigma 105 f1.4. Not sure how the 135 GM plays out, so can’t comment on that yet. 

Again depends on what you prefer to shoot.  Since you’re well covered from 24-300, albeit slower lens, you probably want to zoom into something that you would shoot a majority of your time.  

I would suggest that  u check back your past photos and see what genre you shoot more, then what reach you’re more likely to shoot.  Like if you have a preference to do street and likely to shoot between 28-35, then a 28 f2 or the 35 f1.4 is a good start. 

In this way, the prime lens you get, gets more mileage rather than have it sitting at home  

Only then should you zoom into looking at what lens to get 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I own some of the best primes available for the Sony E-mount system.  But I’m finding the lens I use the most right now is the Sony 24-105 f4.  This lens is just so versatile.  I would suggest you check your camera settings.  I have my ISO set at auto between 100 and 6000.  I have taken great shots without a flash in normal lighting inside.  I usually have little or no noise.  If you absolutely insist on buying a prime, I suggest the Sony 55 f1.8.  This was the first lens I bought when I converted to Sony a little less than 3 years ago.  I also own the Sony 50mm f1.4.  The 50 is ever so better than the 55 but not by much.  If you look at the weight of the two lenses, then the 55 is a much better choice especially if you plan to travel with it.