A7r ii Mode dial is stuck in P (Program mode)

The camera is new to me, two days old. I was getting ready to put in a memory card and start using it but the camera has a strange problem. It won't get off Program mode no matter where I turn the Mode dial to. I want to use it in full Manual mode with vintage lenses, so I turn the dial to M, but the camera displays the P on the top left of the monitor screen, and behaves as it should in Program mode, I can't override the shutter speed. Has anyone seen such anomaly before with a Sony camera? Would appreciate if someone can help me with this. And yes, FYI, I have updated the firmware to 4.0 and have reset the camera to factory defaults. I don't know if I am missing anything else.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Tpawlowski said:

No, we don't. There is another way to lock dials but i checked that

?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I don't have the camera. I just, sometimes, have this compulsion to read manuals! ?

edit... WAIT...  The thread title is A7r ii. Now I'm thinking... you have an A7ii?

Edited by Thad E Ginathom
Afterthought

3 hours ago, Tpawlowski said:

i have A7II

It would have been nice if you'd said. But never mind, like I say, sometimes I enjoy reading manuals for other people's cameras. And trying to get to grips with Sony's model designations.

No problem. Hope you find a fix. I fear that, all too often, when knobs and buttons simply do not do what they should do, it is a hardware problem, and the answer is the service centre.

Edited by Thad E Ginathom