Having some problem of Sony a6400

Hi Y'all,

I'm new to photography. I just upgraded my Sony a6000 to Sony a6400 and I just got my new camera today. Haven't test much of it yet. Apparently the camera body is heavier and bigger than the a6000. Not a big of a deal to me. The biggest problem is that when I tried to attach my a6000 E-mount kit lens to the a6400, I found it's hard to twist in order to attach the lens. It just like you need to put extra effort to twist it and make sure it's attached. It doesn't has to "click" noise to ensure it's been attached, overall it's just not as smooth as the a6000. Just wondering does anyone has a similar problem? Is that normal? 

It's normal, tolerances on the mount of the newer cameras are tighter. Also, the lens locking flanges are made of metal instead of plastic, which makes a tighter fit (and adds to durability). There should be a click though. Can you rotate the lens after attaching it (i.e. did it actually click in place)?

I do agree that the tighter fit can be a bit annoying at times. When I try to detach a lens with the lens hood reversed on the lens, I now tend to remove the lens hood instead of the lens. With some lenses there is very little room between the reversed lens hood and the camera body to grab on to.

Edited by Pieter

• 1 year later...

I also encountered the same problem in mounting the 16-50 mm lens from my Sony A6000 to my new Sony A6400.

After aligning the dots... and turning the lens clockwise I did not hear any click to indicate that it is locked and when I turned it on the image I see is very blurry... it seems it did not really attach properly.

I rang Sony Support and I plan to bring to the Sony Centre both cameras  the a6000 and the a6400 and show them the issue I am having. 

• 9 months later...