New Sony A7Riii dot's all over screen

Hi, I apologize for my first post being support was not sure where else to go. I don't know much about camera however purchased my sister a Sony A7RIII. We followed the manual to start it up set up the date and time then  noticed there are 5 major dots on the screen(1 red and 4 white), similar to what a dead pixel would look like. They are on the LCD panel and also in the viewfinder. The camera is brand new and the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 lens we purchased for it is brand new. I assumed dead pixels however it is on both the lcd and the viewfinder, also the dots to not appear on the screen when viewing photos that were taken. I tried googling but was not certain what the problem is. We have not updated the firmware yet since we did not have time, any idea of what the problem could be? Photo's below(sorry picture of my knee is not the best. One is on the lcd and the other is in the viewfinder)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

If it’s on both then it may be a sensor issue, after removing the lens can you see any dust on the sensor?

There is a self clean option in the setup menu point the camera down and turn that on, it will vibrate the sensor and helps to remove dust, does that improve the issue?

7 hours ago, LiveShots said:

If it’s on both then it may be a sensor issue, after removing the lens can you see any dust on the sensor?

There is a self clean option in the setup menu point the camera down and turn that on, it will vibrate the sensor and helps to remove dust, does that improve the issue?

I will give it a try today. It's literally a brand new camera out of the box I don't know how it could be dust. The issue showed on the screen before I put the lens on. When viewing images it is not there.  I'm going to try updated the firmware and will try this today. 

30 minutes ago, VTC said:

Not dust. Hot / stuck pixels. Dust on sensor is more of a blur or smudge on image. Not as sharply defined as these specks. Return camera. They never self heal themselves miraculously.

Yeah worst case that was the option, was just hoping I may have missed something. This is unfortunate. 

Any advice on how to get this repaired would be appreciate, I may be totally boned. Long story short I purchased this new on Ebay from a reputable seller, however I see now they are not covered under the Sony Warrenty.

My sister decided to wait 7 months before even testing this camera out. It can't be returned to that seller for that reason and is not covered under warranty. Totally boned and am really upset but this it what has happened. 

If anyone knows what the actual issue or defect may be , if there is anything else I should test please let me know so I can have some more knowledge to see if I can get this thing fixed somehow