pklosterman73

Sony A7ii Camera and MAC Mojave UBS File Transfer

The only way I can transfer files from my camera to my Mac laptop is via WiFi.  When I try to connect the camera via USB the camera is not recognized.   I’ve updated all software possible.  

PlayMemories software has always been a joke for the Mac so am I out of options?  I noticed someone using Capture One 11, does this work for importing photos? 

Apparently the new Macs have issues with USB2 connections. To help, you need to connect USB2 accessories through a USB2 Hub. Iha numerous issues until i tried that and it worked

Why don't you just insert the memory card in the computer SD slot ?

Not all macs have the SD card slot. CaptureOne works great but if there are issues with USB then they may cause problems for that software too. 

Are you using the Sony provided cable? If not then try it...

Edited by LiveShots

A7rii USB2.0 sucks period.

Your using something like Capture one ( which super-seeds resources ) or Lightroom, along SONY free Camera to display software. That is good for working.

However the USB2.0 for moving a large amount of RAW/.ARW files is a huge suck on life, and waste of time.

You need to invest in an official mac SD-Card adapter or as you said "Use Wifi" to move your files.

The wifi should be fast, like lighting fast 100MB per seconds fast.

Otherwise like me, I use an updated laptop with the SD slot ( my "mobile workstation ).

Otherwise you would have to trade your A7rii for A7riii with USB 3.0