• Similar Content

• By Ben
      Hi,
      many forums and the "pros" once were certain that the star eater issue makes the Sony A7 Series unusable for astrophotography but I always had good results with my Sony A7rII. So I recently went ahead and had it astromodified. The thick IR-Block Filterglas was replaced with a thin Baader substitute that lets IR Light down to the h-alpha line and the sII line through to the sensor with high transmission. The results can be seen in detail on my google drive link here:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SrdJ7tJbEUwN5KcbXsfpKaesq8KltzmY/view?usp=sharing
      I could write a lot of things that make the A7rII not the perfect camera for astro but suffice to say, it is still bloody capable. Cheers and CS,
      Ben - Instagram - AstroBin
      Technical stuff:
      Acquisition:
      Imaging telescope or lens : Meade SN-8 Imaging camera : Sony a7rII astro modified Focal reducer : TeleVue ParaCorr PLU1106 Filter : STC Cyclops Optics STC Astro Duo-Narrowband Filter Dates : May 28, 2020 Frames : STC Cyclops Optics STC Astro Duo-Narrowband Filter :  39x300" ISO640 Integration : 3.2 hours Darks : ~50 Flats : ~50 Avg. Moon age : 5.67 days Avg. Moon phase : 32.16% Bortle Dark-Sky Scale : 8.00 Processing was done with Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, Aries Productions Astro Pixel Processor APP and Adobe Photoship CC 2018. Stacked with sigma kappa clipping 3/1. Light pollution could not be removed automatically in A.P.P. and had to be done manually in Lightroom with local adjustments and a lot of fiddling. Both images have reduced star sizes with a minimum filter applied to masked stars. The masked stars color’s were also tweaked in order to bring them close to the feel of a normal broadband rgb distribution with colors between either aqua and blue or yellow and orange. I did however not manage to create a mask that includes the faintest and smallest of stars. If you look closely you see how the star colors are a little off, the smaller the stars get

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By animalsbybarry
      Green Heron feeding fledglings A7RIV with 200-600 at about 300mm focal length.
    • By duke
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Aaron Duke
      Colorado Springs, CO, USA
      Sony a7R III
      Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM
      1/320 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100
    • I don’t think the C1EM is compatible with the a7RM2 the C2EM is the Sony model that work, see this link https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1159878-REG/sony_a7r_mark_ii_digital.html/accessories The Meike looks like a great deal, though I wonder about the build quality... did you try searching for some video reviews?
    • Welcome to our forum!
    • ok so i just got a nice new Sony alpha a7ii dslr and thought i would get a battery grip but there seems to be loads  of different ones? so which one do i go for ? VG-C3EM , Meike MK-A7II Pro Vertical Battery Grip,  Sony VG-C2EM Battery Grip,  Sony VG-C1EM Battery Grip, Sony ILCE-7RM2 Neewer Vertical Battery Grip Replacement, Compatible with Sony VG-C2EM and Sony VG-C4EM Vertical Battery Grip so which one is best? which one do i go for any help would be great thanks
    • just saying hi to everyone, i have just started again after a 2 year break, before i had all Olympus gear but this time i have bought some Sony gear the A7 mk2 dslr and a kit lense for now thanks keith