1. Iansky

Iansky

• Similar Content

• By Hummingbird
      I recently came across an article of a scientific photographer who magnified the image of sand up to 300x which revealed beauty unimaginable to the naked human eye. Who knew that sand was an assortment of very diverse sorts of colors and crystals! It inspired me to try to attempt macrophotography with my Sonya6000 + kit lens.
      I've heard my camera isn't the best at macrophotography but I figured I would give it a go because it is what I have. But my biggest concern is that there is an overall blur. When I zoom into my image, the details of all the nooks and crannies are just not as sharp as I would like them to be. From what I've seen from macrophotography the details are quite important. I was wondering if this would be the fault of my own settings or my shaky hands or if this would be the limitation of my camera? 
      1/10 F5.6 ISO 100 

• By Hummingbird
      Hello  
          I recently had the opportunity to go to a lotus pond. Beforehand, I did a quick look up of "lotus ponds/flowers" on google and saw a lot photos of single lotus flowers placed in the middle of the shot. I wanted to try something different and this was what I ended up with. In the middle is an unfurled lotus leaf and behind it is a wilting lotus flower. The lotus flower and the unfurled leaf seem to be competing subjects since they're both in the middle, but I still like the photo in my own weird way. I was wondering how other photographers would feel about the composition of this photograph. Would this be considered bad composition? Would someone say this is an interesting photo or a bad photo? 
      This was shot with sony a6000 + kit lens.
      - Hummingbird 

• By cws
      Still loving my A7R2....   just finished a surfing trip to Maldives aboard a boat for 10 days...  we were parked a fair distance from the surf break and longest lens I had was my FE 4/70-200 G OSS.
      While I got some OK shots I could crop into... nothing was close enough.
      I borrowed our surf guide's Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 A022 with Canon mount and used it on my Metabones EF-E mount.......    even at 600mm there was still a lot of wasted real estate in the pixels, and although I used a monopod to carry the weight, it was very hard to stop even tiniest movements on a rocking boat...  but still managed to get some magic for my mates when I wasn't surfing.
      Original frame reduced to 10% size, and then crop into 1:1 frame to 1800x1200px.    
      1/800th sec, f11, auto ISO 800, manual focus trying to lock into the distant area for faster shooting (although automatic focus still worked)
      Probably should have stayed at at least 1000th sec.
      Very happy I got some useable closer shots.... older blokes can still have a lot of fun!