a6300 - Shutter STUCK

I know I'm not the only one. I know that this forum is full of sony lover, I'm one too, so I put my hands ahead and beg you not to defend the a6300 at any cost. 

this is serious. I've had many cameras, which I treated very bad, being in my youth days a photographer of disasters like earthquakes and similar.

this a6300 is my first mirrorless, my first sony, and the first camera I've ever treated as a fragile child, always keeping it clean and warm and safe. It also is the first camera to ever fail me.

It happens that all of a sudden it stopped responding to any input but shooting pictures. at first solely every once and then, then it got worst and worst till the day it could only shoot pictures, not opening the menu, not changing aperture or shutter speed, no anything. I figured it out: it is the shutter button: for some reasons it remains "half pressed".  I searched the web and found out that it is a COMMON ISSUE, which is not good at all. I want to add to this that that button seemed a little awkward to me since my first uses of the camera. I assumed it was my imagination at that time, and maybe it was. I don't want to point out any crafting failures or so, but

- why the hell does it happen?

- how do I fix it?

I love my camera and don't want to change it - nor can I afford to, now that I think of it : )

with love, yours

@ph_LDA

• 5 weeks later...

Turn the camera off.  Mash and hold the shutter button down with decent force.  Not enough to shatter it into pieces, but much more than when you shoot.  Move the pressure around the edges of the shutter button in circles.  Try turning the camera on after 30 seconds of this and see if everything works properly

If this works, get some of this:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/CRC-5103-Quick-Dry-Electronic-Cleaner-11-Wt-Oz/16817418?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=2195&adid=22222222227009475209&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42535874672&wl4=aud-566049426705:pla-81197605832&wl5=1022188&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=16817418&wl13=2195&veh=sem&gclid=CjwKCAiAkrTjBRAoEiwAXpf9CQDvxV8Qy1tI-wGGYGj5CfhOlpVAjpBCnrc2--UxK_iQttXQTVgHORoCpdwQAvD_BwE

Remove the battery and SD card.  Spray the cleaner into the gap between the shutter button and the on/off switch for 1-2 seconds.  Let it soak in for another few seconds, then turn upside down to drain any excess cleaner.  It's non-residue and will evaporate to nothing in a minute or two, but letting it pool up isn't a good thing, either (takes a longer to dry).  Leave the camera to completely dry for an hour.  Reinsert battery and card.  If the issue is still present or comes back, repeat the spraying.  Some people needed to do this twice for the issue to go away. 

I've read that this is caused from dirt or grease migration getting stuck under the shutter button, which causes it to push down very slightly on the half-press contact area (half-press and shutter have separate contacts).  So the spray is used to displace/dissolve whatever's in the way.