1. Chrissie

Chrissie

2. Thad E Ginathom

Thad E Ginathom

3. LiveShots

LiveShots

• Similar Content

• By Bish
      Hi all does any one know if the polarising filter unit for the Sony FE 400mm f/2.8gm lens part number Sony VF-DCPL1 Drop-in will fit a Minolta AF 400 f/4.5 A mount lens I don’t want to part with over £400 if it won’t fit or is there any other solution.
    • By ItchieFinger
      Ok here goes,
      My kit isn’t great although I’m not a professional either.
      Camera - A7
      Lens - 55mm prime and 24-105mm G also the paper weight 28-70mm that ships with A7 bundle.
      The plan is to pick up a A7iii and a 100-400mm and add it to my pack. - I hate changing lens’s I’m a dust magnet.
      Not interested in video overly. Drone is pretty good with that I guess.
      Im heading away to the far reaches of North Western Australia and think that my current setup will be too short and not really keen on getting up close and personal.
      Questions I have are.
      1. What should I buy first A7iii or 100-400mm
      2. Should I ditch the A7 or leave it as redundancy/spare with the 55mm mounted semi permanently as it gives a great pic.
      3. Is my lens 24-105mm a waste on the older A7
      4. Is the A7iii my answer?
      5. What are the cons with what I have and will there be a noticeable difference with the A7iii?
      Look forward to your help
    • By Jobeyo
      I know this topic is out there in abundance but I wanted to put it in a forum where Sony products wouldn’t be bashed! 
      I saved my pennies and finally switched from a canon 80D, using an APS-C sensor, to a Sony A7iii in September. This was in an attempt to change my hobby into something that might make me some weekend money. 
      Annoyingly I could only afford to buy the Sony with the native 50mm 1.8. Unfortunately, the love affair of had with the nifty fifty from canon was sorely missed. Working as a part time family lifestyle photographer, I found it just lacked.... Something. 
      Anyway, I’ve once again been saving and want your opinions on diversifying the lenses at my disposal. I think I miss the focal length of my crop 50mm, so the highly praised Sony 85mm 1.8 the first lens in leaning towards but would you then chop the 50mm in for a little more towards say a Sigma art 35 1.4. 
      If you were after 2 general lifestyle primes to go with a 70-200 canon f4, what would they be? 
      Thanks for your thoughts and I’m pleased to be joking the community! 
    • By Cypress2003
      Using the lens on a A7riii body and aperture won’t adjust (just reads F—) and lens won’t focus.  I receive an error message indicating lens is either not attached correctly (it is) or not compatible (it’s a Sony lens).  My other lenses (70-200 and 50 mm prime) work perfectly.  Any advice?  Thanks in advance for your time.
    • By sundial215
      My 70-300 lens on occasion produces images that are not in focus when set to 300mm.  I tend rule out camera motion because I am shooting at 1/1000 sec. and resting the camera on a solid rest.   At first I thought it was because many of my earlier out of focus shots were wide open at f5.6.  So today I tried shooting a sign that was 282 meters away and shot at 5.6, 8, and 11.  The middle one, f8, was clearly out of focus.  I am generally satisfied with this lens on my A7r2 camera, especially at the shorter FLs. The lens is generally sharp, and very easy to carry and use.  Please see the composite of the three images.  All are enlarged to 100%.
      Has anyone else experienced such issues with this lens or, with the A7r2 camera?