Back Button Focus for A7 III

carney2

I want to assign focusing to the Multi-Select ("joy stick") button.  I should be able to (1) disable focus on the shutter release button by going to Camera Settings 1 Menu, page 6.  I've done this.  And then (2) I should be able to go to the Camera Settings 2 Menu, Page 8 and choose the picture Custom Key, and than screen 2 (of 3), and then the Multi-Select Button.  According to what I've seen on YouTube, I should now see a screen with 2 choices:

AF On

Focus Hold

If I choose AF On I've set the Multi-Select button as my back button focuser.  I cannot find the screen with the two choices.  What am I doing wrong?

On 1/15/2019 at 9:04 AM, carney2 said:

I want to assign focusing to the Multi-Select ("joy stick") button.  I should be able to (1) disable focus on the shutter release button by going to Camera Settings 1 Menu, page 6.  I've done this.  And then (2) I should be able to go to the Camera Settings 2 Menu, Page 8 and choose the picture Custom Key, and than screen 2 (of 3), and then the Multi-Select Button.  According to what I've seen on YouTube, I should now see a screen with 2 choices:

AF On

Focus Hold

If I choose AF On I've set the Multi-Select button as my back button focuser.  I cannot find the screen with the two choices.  What am I doing wrong?

When I go to custom key setting and choose multi-slc center btn  I get 22 pages of options for what you can set the multi select button to...just toggle right or left through the pages, up and down for choices.  AF On selection is page 5/22

• 3 weeks later...