Price quality Sony lenses ?

About 4 months ago I bought a Sony A7 III with Metabones V adaptor to use with my Sigma Art & Canon glass.

I thought I would have sold some of the heavy lenses, and buy more mirrorless-like glass, but there doesn't seem anything that can beat price/quality from Sony yet and buying Sigma with Sony mount isn't much of an advantage seen I have the Metabones V.

Canon 17-40 F4 L

Canon 24-70 2.8 L |

Canon 70-200 2.8L II 

Sigma 50 1.4 Art 

Sigma 85 1.4 Art 

The only one I doubted was the sharp affordable Sony 85 1.8, but the Sigma 85 1.4 Art is still more pleasing with the f1.4
For the rest no real competitors I think, this will take some more years probably, although lighter f1.4 lenses, more mirrorless style will probably be impossible as the big diameter catches the extra light.

The Sony 12-24 would be the best UWA on the market, but the 17-40L is unbeatable price/quality...

What are the best price/quality lenses in your opinion or is it waaaaay to early to speak about this :)

• 2 weeks later...

Im in the same boat.  I have considered buying the Sony 55mm prime that looks crazy sharp but that's about it. have you had any issues with the metabones ?  Im going to be trying mine this weekend and Texas A&M for a Lacrosse tournament.