Headed to the Amazon with my new A6500. What else should I take?

So, I just bought the A6500 and it is an amazing camera.  I am preparing to take it on an Amazon trip where I will be doing some hiking out in the jungles.  I am currently using it with some lenses from other brands.  I am looking for a native l all-in-one ens (another thread about that).  But what else should I take? I know extra batteries, tripod and stuff like that, but I am thinking about the more unusual stuff, like best carry about camera bag for that environment and stuff like that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

18-135 + 35/1.8 OSS for all around use. Throw in a Samyang 12/2 if you like UWA.  And a bag with a waterproof cover, just in case.  Which one depends on what type you prefer (shoulder/sling/backpack/etc.).  I like lower end/midrange Think Tank bags (<$100) for bang for the buck.  Great construction and features, and they have some mirrrorless specific bags that aren't huge like DSLR bags. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Hello ! A friend gave me an old Sony SLT A65 that was locked in a suitcase for some years and guess what... It was pretty dirty. The translucent mirror looks strange. I know it's a pellicle mirror, but something is really weird , at least to me who never saw this entity before. It shows a rainbow pattern when lit, like a diffraction grid. And when I point the camera to a strong light source, let´s say streets lights or car lights, a huge halo and a diffuse pattern appears, almost like one of that photographic filters from the '70s. I guess the mirror is damaged. Does enyone have any experience with this ? I managed to remove the mirror and carefully rinse it with water and detergent solution , rinse again and dry, but the rainbow patter persists. My question is basically about the translucent mirror behavior with strong highlights and if the rainbow pattern on its surface is normal.   Thanks!  
    • Sounds like you need a manual, and you are correct different settings can affect what you can do in the drive more.  Did you simple press the DRIVE button and select the THREE rectangles? There are several "burst" modes -- that you set with the Fn button or DRIVE button.  One takes several photos, when you press the button once (CONTINUOUS).  Another requires you to press the shutter button each time (SINGLE).  When you press the DRIVE button, what icon shows up -- a single rectangle or three?
    • If the 18-105 is too bulky, then so is the Tamron 17-70. Quality wise however, definately pick the Tamron over the Sony Zeiss 16-70, which is a compromised and dated design and similar in quality to the 18-105. I was in the same boat as you for a while (also had the 16-50 kit lens and 18-105 f/4), and went with the Sony 16-55 F/2.8 G. Happy with the choice as it's more compact than the Tamron 17-70 and vastly better quality than the Zony 16-70. In your case however, the omission of stabilized optics might be a dealbreaker. Did you consider the tiny but decent Sigma 18-50 f/2.8?
  • Topics