WEIRD SPOTS ON MY FOOTAGE

AZON

Hi Guys, First post ever in a forum of any kind, so here I go. I bought the Sony A7 iii about 2 months ago, I have shot only a couple of times, and i had found that it is a great camera, I really love it , but when I went to my editing room , after  a long while I had notice that my footage have some kind of weird spots, I didn't notice at  the moment because I was shooting through the view finder , So yeah i have this spots in my footage and I don't know, if it is the sensor or lens that I should clean it , or some kind of malfunction in the lens or sensor , so if you please guys can you help me , I will really appreciate it . I am going to attach a screenshot so you guys  can see what I'm talking about. One of the pictures is just the normal footage and the other one it is just a little more with contrast so you can see what I am talking about. I need also to clarify that I have never touch or clean any think inside the camera like the sensor.

Thanks for any help or recommendation you can give me.

Azon

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Gunk on the sensor. Take a CLOSE look with a flashlight held at an angle. The smallest of specs can have huge repercussions.

Brother had the same ringworm artifacts and other divots on his camera. I get them on my sensor no matter how careful I am cleaning the lens and housing cavity swapping lenses. Get a wet clean kit and have at it. Brother was going to take it in to be done for $40 but convinced him the kit's the same amount and there'll be a time on a shoot it needs to be cleaned NOW and not two days later. Bulb blowing and in camera sensor cleaning almost never clean it completely.

Edited by VTC

I now ensure that after fitting a lens to the body, the first thing I do is run the cleaning programme and have found it does remove most of the dust / gunk from the sensor but usually there are always a couple of marks that can easily be removed in editing - alas, mirrorless sensors always appear more prone to DSLR  cameras.