Sony Cashback

Iansky

I have read some complaints by people about the Sony cashback scheme so just wanted to post me experiences with Sony UK.

I had to wait the 30 days from date of purchase before submitting info and claiming my cashback, this I did on Monday this week - I received an email back by close of play Monday saying my claim had met the criteria and my claim was being processed and could take up to 28 days before I receive the money.

Nearly fell over when I checked my account on Tue only  to find that Sony had not only processed the claim but had paid the money into my account - amazing and very prompt and efficient service and totally hassle free so no complaints from me.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a nightmare with the cashback when I bought an A7ii from VERY, as it's a catalogue company they don't send an invoice, so the claim was rejected for insufficient proof of purchase. After some protracted arguments with VERY they produced an invoice, which Sony then rejected because of VAT information. In the end, VERY's account department got involved and produced a VAT registered invoice,  which Sony accepted.  I also bought a 70-200 from WEX and Sony refused the cashback on that because they said it wasn't an invoice, even though it had INVOICE as a heading. Had to go back to WEX who produced another invoice with "INVOICE" in an extremely large font, and all was good!!!!