a6000 slow shutter malfunction

yt1300

Hi, I've been using a Sony a6000 for years and love it, but it has recently developed a very irritating problem. The shutter has become slow and hesitates when I try to take a picture, often resulting in a 1-2 second delay between me pressing the shutter and it actually taking the problem. Similarly, on bracket modes and continuous shooting, it no longer fires evenly and consistently. Instead, it will take pictures sporadically, often with long pauses between shots. I mostly shoot wildlife (which tends not to sit still), so this type malfunction is extremely difficult to work with.

I am aware the some lenses or high ISO settings can cause shutter delays, but I am using the same lenses that I have always used as well as the same settings (I have three lenses, and it does this for all of them). So this seems to be an actual problem that the camera has developed (to the best of my knowledge I have not changed any settings, but if someone knows of a setting that would cause this, please let me know and I'll check).

I have also tried several batteries and memory cards, and it does this for all of them.

Additionally, I have tried setting the camera to back button focus, but this does not make a difference.

Finally, my camera has also developed a glitch where, after taking a picture, it sometimes shows the photo for a brief fraction of a second, rather than the two seconds it is set to. This glitch is sporadic, trivial, and may have nothing to do with the more serious shutter problem, but I thought I'd mention it in case they are connected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS I travel with my camera a lot and was traveling when I first noticed the problem, so it has been through quite a few airports, cramped cars, etc., but to the best of my knowledge it has not been dropped or otherwise physically abused.