Portrait with Sony FE 100-400

Alejandro Espeche

Portrait taken with Sony FE 100-400 and A7R3

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• I'd use Focus Area: (Expand) Flexible Spot: S instead of Center. Smaller focus area and more control over where to focus. https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1710/v1/en/contents/TP0001653124.html
    • New Sony user here, trying to get my head around all of the differences from Fuji 😬  I’ve figured out most of the settings, but can’t find any answers on how to do a custom white balance for studio flash. The custom setting option only seems to be based on measuring ambient light. The only workaround I can think of is to set an approximate kelvin value and then shoot a grey card and fix it in post, but I’d much prefer to get it right in camera.    camera is an A7CR TIA Vinnie 
    • I am not sure what effect you are trying to achieve regarding the bluish cast of the water.  Do you want to neutralize it or enhance it?  It would be best if you Google polarizer filter for camera and look at the images and videos and see if you can find the desired effect that seem to mirror your situation.  If you can't find the effect you are looking for, it may not be possible to do so with the Polarizer.  I use the polarizer to minimize the shimmering reflections in the water that would look distracting in the image. Neutral density filters are used to reduce the amount of light coming into the camera.  If you want to shoot a small waterfall and you want to create an angel veil effect by reducing the shutter speed to seconds but the light conditions won't allow you to do so, you can use neutral density filters to shoot at very slow shutter speeds. Neutral density and polarizing filters can get very expensive.  If your lenses share a common filter size, that would be great.  If not, get the filters for the largest filter diameter lens and get a set of stepping rings to use with your smaller filter diameter lenses.
  • Topics