Sony a7III undocumented problem

Airam

Scenario: Portrait photo session with a new Sony a7III using two Memory cards for backup using the simultaneous recording on Scandisk Extreme Pro V3 128GB. I record images in RAW and JPG .
Problem: Reviewing pictures on camera made me confident that I had my shots. However, back on the PC, I learned that most of my shoots were corrupted. Once I open those corrupted pictures all I get is an image in gray color. I noticed that the pictures size was in KB rather than in MB. This was for both cards.
Solutions I tried: Backup both cards. Repaired DB on Card one deleted corrupted files. Therefore, I didn't try on the second one. Recover software didn't help. Later on, I tested the camera by taken more pictures and video without even formatting the card with no problem.
Summarizing: I don't think I will be able to recover those pictures. But it is scaring to know that I cannot trust this camera. I will continue testing the camera, but I won't think twice if somebody wants to buy from me.
Note: So it looks like “Sony repairing" the card in-camera will screw up any chance of repairing the corrupted file.
I am scanning the card with ScanDisk Request Pro Deluxe. I will update this post if I get good results.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!