Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'alpha 1'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Sony Alpha Forum

  • News and General Discussions
    • Sony Alpha News & Rumors
    • General Discussions about Sony Alpha
  • Sony Alpha Full Frame
    • Sony Alpha Full Frame Cameras
    • Sony Alpha Full Frame Lenses
  • Sony Alpha APS-C / Sony NEX
    • Sony Alpha APS-C and NEX Cameras
    • Sony Alpha APS-C Lenses
  • Sony A-Mount
    • Sony A-Mount System
  • Sony Alpha Post Processing
    • Sony Alpha RAW Converting and Image Editing
  • Adapting Lenses
    • Legacy Lenses
    • Adapters & Speedboosters
    • Showcase Adapted Lenses
  • Showcase Sony Alpha Photos
    • People
    • Nature & Wildlife
    • Landscape & Travel
    • Architecture
    • Misc
  • Sony Alpha Video
    • Sony Alpha Video Discussion
    • Video Showcase
  • About the Sony Alpha Forum
    • About the Sony Alpha Forum
    • Newbie / Self Introduction

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 1 result

  1. I did the upgrade protocol from sony to bring my A1 to firmware version 2.01 and my 200-600 to version 3. I did not upgrade the body with the lens attached. I've had my A1 paired with the 200-600 for about 1.5 years without a hitch, very good performance. After the double upgrade, my camera started randomly losing communication with the lens, causing the f- to appear in the viewfinder. The aperture then starts to pulse narrower and wider while the viewfinder slowly flickers. I thoroughly cleaned the mount and contacts on both the lens and the camera with a microfiber cloth and eclipse camera sensor cleaner. It didn't help. I've cleaned the lens and camera both three or four times now and the issue keeps happening. I can clear the error a number of ways, none of which helps every time with one attempt, sometimes requiring multiple attempts with different methods. The methods are: disconnecting/reconnecting the lens, turning the power on and off, wiggling the lens w\o removing it or powering off, and pulling the battery. Aside from that, the combo works slightly better than before the update. Focus seems slightly snappier, images are sharp when focus acquires, and eye autofocus seems mildly improved at greater distances to the subject. The random communication loss has cost me a lot of shots though. It's quite annoying. I have access to 4 other sony cameras, along with lenses from sony, sigma, and tamron. I tested the tammy 28-75 today and couldn't replicate the issue. I'm going to test the 200-600 with my other bodies, and all of my lenses on the A1. Hopefully it only affects the 200-600. I hope it's something sony can fix once I figure out if it's specific to the lens or affects the body with other lenses as well.
  • Create New...