Remote control for Sony A7II for long exposure

Hi everyone...new to the forum, so I am hoping my question is relevant to this site.

I have had two wired remote controls (not Sony) that I use constantly for long exposures and both of them have failed. The company replaced the first one and I am waiting to hear on the action they will take on the second one.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a remote control that has been successful for them; the wires seem to be fairly fragile even though I am very careful with my equipment.

Thanks! 

If they work well and don't cost much, just 

buy two, so you'll have a spare on hand if 

the primary fails. This may sound a bit too

superstitious, but carrying a spare usually 

prevents failures, of both the primary and

the spare. The primary is "waiting" for you

to forget to bring the spare ... it's evil.  

I've become increasingly reliant on the Playmemories app for iOS as a wireless viewfinder and remote. There's bulb function and the ability to review images too, which is nice when you rig your camera in not-too-accessible places. Granted, it isn't as tactile as a physical remote and sometimes not as functional..

I just purchased Alpine Labs Spark.  It uses your smart phone as a controller and has multiple functions including photo, long exposure, most importantly time lapse.  Very simple device about the size and weight of a book of matches.  Can work tethered, blue tooth synched, and also as a stand alone simple IR trigger.  Time Lapse works perfectly and was the primary reason I got the unit.   It will not work for video.  Unfortunately my unit has a malfunction with Timed Exposure (where I dial in a set long exposure ).  This appears to be an App or my Samsung 7  Android problem.  All other functions work really well and since I don't need to dial in long exposures, I have kept the unit.  (It does work as a long exposure timer where it actively keeps track of the ongoing exposure, but I can't select a bulb exposure time).  The Spark has worked flawlessly for distances up to about 100 feet..haven't tried it at longer distances than that.