bad charger kept my A330 home

Im excited about finding the battery problem with my sony a330 with AF Minolta lenses (and some Sonys)  was a bad charger! ! 5 years I moped about it killing its battery within minutes, and it was never getting charged! I'm now ready to photograph  places  - 2 gig micro sd card holds over 1000 images on "fine"-  what are  the fastest lenses available? my lenses start out at 4 - is this even an issue any longer? btw, ty for the add

`   

Unless you are an Initiate in the Cult of Bokeh, 

fast lenses are simply a tool to deal with a lack 

of light on the scene, and at a sacrifice of useful

DoF. So, you have f/4 lenses and an older body 

that doesn't handle higher ISO all that well as to 

both noise and the limited high ISO typical of a

CCD sensor. Fast lenses will cost you lots more 

than a faster sensor ... IOW a newer body. Not 

to mention a better finder, twice the MP, video if 

you're ever so inclined, and more and more. OK, 

so I did mention the "not to mention" stuff. Just

sue me ! But thank me later ;-)  

For example:    

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/used/817858/?c3api=1876%2C52248989522%2C&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhf6khtPB2QIVR7jACh3pZQteEAQYAyABEgJYCfD_BwE    

www.keh.com/shop/sony-alpha-slt-a77-24-3-megapixel-3d-digital-slt-camera-body-only-black-673558.html?m=Grouped&prod_id=1103884&aid=1103884&rmatt=tsid:|cid:760491299|agid:43846217721|tid:pla-346481561664|crid:181401812609|nw:g|rnd:5320146060997946696|dvc:c|adp:1o2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhf6khtPB2QIVR7jACh3pZQteEAQYAiABEgJQmvD_BwE   

`

Guest Jaf-Photo

The A3X0 series were quite good mainly due to the CCD sensors which had superior IQ at lower (=reasonable) ISO. The jpeg engine wasn't great, though, so I would recommend using raw.

All in all it's still a competent picture maker. If you want some faster lenses, I recommend the SAM 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f2.8. Optically, these are delightful lenses. The af and build quality are basic, which keeps the price down.

Regarding dof there are two types of photos: 1) photos with bokeh and 2) rubbish photos ;) Luckily, the lenses I mentioned have good bokeh.