5 replies to this topic

#1 Singingsnapper

Singingsnapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

This is many people's favourite mountain.  From the front to looks like a proper mountain.  This may be too contrasty for some people's taste, but I kind of like it...

Sony A7RIII FE 24 - 70 GM

39285311205_77d0aebecb_b.jpgThe Shepherd BW by singingsnapper, on Flickr

#2 Tracy

Tracy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:02 AM

Wow that is very dramatic and stunning. I love pics like this. We’re staying near Glencoe in May and can’t wait to try out my new kit there ;)

#3 Billdad5

Billdad5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

A favorit view of mine also

#4 Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

Generally, people go for contrasty photos. They're easy to read in thumbnail format on smartphones.

My reaction is that it's a daytime photo that looks like it was taken in moonlight due to the processing. That goes against the grain of my documentary training whereby you always respect reality.

#5 Singingsnapper

Singingsnapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

Generally, people go for contrasty photos. They're easy to read in thumbnail format on smartphones.

My reaction is that it's a daytime photo that looks like it was taken in moonlight due to the processing. That goes against the grain of my documentary training whereby you always respect reality.

Well there is reality and there is verisimilitude - a version of truth.  All photography is verisimilitude...  If this was taken at night under a full moon, I would ave left it in colour...a friend of mine who won  the Take a View Landscape photographer of the year took a shot further back with his Nikon DF lit from moonlight...

#6 Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:24 PM

Not to nit-pick but verisimilitude would mean that the image looks like reality. That's where I don't agree, it looks unreal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X