• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Thamos

Thamos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hey guys,

I'm 24 but only recently bought my first camera, a Sony Alpha A6000.

Now I'm looking to buy extra gear to get started. For example, I was told the battery dries out pretty fast so I'm looking for places where I could buy those somewhat cheap (I don't wanna pay another $80 for a battery, atleast not yet). A friend of mine told me I should check out places like AliExpress, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Also, same goes for a 64gb SD card with like 90mb upload/download speed (the guy who sold me the camera told me this).

Any help to get me going would be much appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Username

Username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:08 AM

Wasabi batteries buy from Blue Nook 

Most else from B&H or Adorama

#3 tinplater

tinplater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:46 AM

You have made an excellent choice for a first Sony digital camera.I purchased nearly all my gear for the A6000 from Ebay.Wasabi batteries are offered there at very reasonable prices.I would suggest getting two batteries with an included charger..one that takes two batteries at a time.As you gain experience you may want to investigate purchasing used lenses on Ebay where you can get excellent value if you shop with due diligence.Finally be sure to check out youtube tutorials for the camera..there is a wealth of experience and guidance there to help you become familiar with your camera.

#4 Username

Username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

Reading between the lines of the OP, 

I see a person who in no way is ready 

to safely use ebay for this purpose. 

#5 Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

B&H stocks a memory cards and range of replacement batteries (including Wasabi for $10) so it seems unnessesary to split the order.

#6 tinplater

tinplater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

Reading between the lines of the OP, 

I see a person who in no way is ready 

to safely use ebay for this purpose. 

Perhaps, that is why I suggested Ebay when he becomes more experienced and invest some diligence.For all we know he may already be an Ebay expert in other arenas. 

#7 Thamos

Thamos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

For example, would these two fit together? (I'm not sure what I should be paying attention to)

Battery:

https://www.bhphotov...ny_np_fw50.html

Charger:

https://www.bhphotov...for_garmin.html

#8 tinplater

tinplater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:30 PM

Here is something better...two extra batteries and charger.I like the two unit charger...so easy to slip batteries in and out.

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger for Sony NP-FW50 (Compatible with Alpha a7, a7 II, a7R, a7R II, a7S, a7S II, a5000, a5100, a6000, a6300, a6500, NEX-5T, Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 III and more)

#9 FunkyBrewster

FunkyBrewster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

It depends on where you live. Here's where I got my stuff:

- from a retail store with the lowest price and 5-year warranty: a6000 (with the two kit lenses)

- from a reputable 2nd-hand camera shop: F4 16-70 zoom lens, and daylight filters and bags for all three lenses

- from Amazon (free shipping): 3rd-party double battery charger with 2 batteries, hot shoe cover, glass screen protector, Transcend SDXC 64GB U3 (60mbs write) card

I'm still looking for a better neck strap, and if I was buying again I'd get Wasabi batteries since they have the best reputation. But I'm happy with this setup because I finally have something small enough I can actually bring with me, and yet still takes great pictures and video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X