Where do I go to buy Sony a6000 gear?

Hey guys,

I'm 24 but only recently bought my first camera, a Sony Alpha A6000.

Now I'm looking to buy extra gear to get started. For example, I was told the battery dries out pretty fast so I'm looking for places where I could buy those somewhat cheap (I don't wanna pay another $80 for a battery, atleast not yet). A friend of mine told me I should check out places like AliExpress, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Also, same goes for a 64gb SD card with like 90mb upload/download speed (the guy who sold me the camera told me this).

Any help to get me going would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You have made an excellent choice for a first Sony digital camera.  I purchased nearly all my gear for the A6000 from Ebay.  Wasabi batteries are offered there at very reasonable prices.  I would suggest getting two batteries with an included charger..one that takes two batteries at a time.  As you gain experience you may want to investigate purchasing used lenses on Ebay where you can get excellent value if you shop with due diligence.  Finally be sure to check out youtube tutorials for the camera..there is a wealth of experience and guidance there to help you become familiar with your camera.

`   

Reading between the lines of the OP,   

I see a person who in no way is ready 

to safely use ebay for this purpose. 

Perhaps, that is why I suggested Ebay when he becomes more experienced and invest some diligence.  For all we know he may already be an Ebay expert in other arenas. 

It depends on where you live. Here's where I got my stuff:

- from a retail store with the lowest price and 5-year warranty: a6000 (with the two kit lenses)

- from a reputable 2nd-hand camera shop: F4 16-70 zoom lens, and daylight filters and bags for all three lenses

- from Amazon (free shipping): 3rd-party double battery charger with 2 batteries, hot shoe cover, glass screen protector, Transcend SDXC 64GB U3 (60mbs write) card

I'm still looking for a better neck strap, and if I was buying again I'd get Wasabi batteries since they have the best reputation. But I'm happy with this setup because I finally have something small enough I can actually bring with me, and yet still takes great pictures and video.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is what I got for my A6000, two batteries and a dual charger. I prefer the USB style as they can be charged by any USB power source.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFOJUCW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As a side note you can also charge your camera's battery in the field with a portable USB charger such as this

https://www.amazon.com/20000mAh-Power-GBTIGER-External-Smartphones/dp/B01DBCTTTQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1522849906&sr=1-4&keywords=usb+battery+power+supply