A7rii "Random" file numbering

I was shooting with my Ar7ii and I noticed that my file numbering jumped from DSC0404 to the next file being DSC7011.  The time stamp on the file is about 2 hours apart.

Any idea(s) what could have caused this to have happened.  I was under the impression that numbering was sequential starting at 0001 to 9999 and then it repeated.

Thank you.

yes i thought that but I also get radom number jumps, never worked out what I have done to cause like changing battery or card

I just renumber and rename once downloaded and dont worry about it any more 

It's too much trouble to comprehend Sonys odd numbering system that seems to change on card swaps or image deletions and I can't imagine someone filling their drives with ambiguous and cryptic DSC0419 et al file designations. I'll place files in a folder named after the shoot (Pepsi) beginning with year then date (18-0106 - Pepsi) then batch rename files sorted by date/time created (001 - Pepsi). If I'm using multiple cameras I make certain their clocks are set correctly at onset and all files, even from disparate cameras, can be commingled without having to deal with different file range numbers each cam creates.