Canon to Sony

Hello everyone, I have a canon 7d with optics f.

I would love to buy a A7s, but I have great doubts especially adapters for my lenses.

I read a bit everywhere that have always problems, even with the more expensive ones.

I own Zeiss optics and sigma with EF attack and that scares me in trouble in incompatibilities arise during work.

I did not understand how I could rely on my equipment at the professional level.

Or should I stay on the system canon that at least I know well and I know that there is full compatibility.

What about you? Someone knows you recommend something?

thanks in advance

if it's professional, stay within the system. don't take a risk. third party lenses on sony alpha 7 should be used with manual focus. if you can handle this, fine. I own several canon and third party lenses with canon mount and an adapter with pins canon -> sony E. none has an autofocus worth using. all canon lenses work nicely in all other regards. newer sigma lenses are fine as well, but I have an older one which is not compatible.

I have the A7 Mk ii with Metabones IV EF to E adapter.  I have two Canon L (24-70 f2.8 ii, and 70-200 f4 IS) and one Sigma 24 f1.4 Art (EF mount).  Auto focus works but none of the cool features available on the A7 Mk ii.  So I prefer manual focus.  I agree with Chetah though "sell Canon and move to Sony/Zeiss".  There are so many neat features you miss on the A7 if you use non-Sony lenses.  One fact to realize is the current Sony strategy: sell the bodies cheap then charge higher prices on the Sony lenses.  This is a common item mentioned by reviewers. 

I also realized I strategy sony, also he is not even possible to use another set of optics sony considered that A7S has a different attack from their other rooms.

so I decided that the moment I shall stand firm and wait to see the next steps of canon.

For me it is too big a step to sell everything and buy back.

Also at the level of the market supply of objectives and accessories compatible canon are always very popular and is a world where even explored a lot of the negative things are well known, which professionally reassures me a little more.

I have the A7 Mk ii with Metabones IV EF to E adapter.  I have two Canon L (24-70 f2.8 ii, and 70-200 f4 IS) and one Sigma 24 f1.4 Art (EF mount).  Auto focus works but none of the cool features available on the A7 Mk ii.  So I prefer manual focus.  I agree with Chetah though "sell Canon and move to Sony/Zeiss".  There are so many neat features you miss on the A7 if you use non-Sony lenses.  One fact to realize is the current Sony strategy: sell the bodies cheap then charge higher prices on the Sony lenses.  This is a common item mentioned by reviewers. 

I also have an a7 Mk2 and don't understand what you mean by missing "cool features."  Which ones? As far as I can see from reviews and comments the Metabones adapter provides the Cano lens info to the body and works OK except for autofocus which is dicey at best.  The manual focus aids work; theaperture control works and the distance info seems to be there. What Sony cool feature are you missing?

As far as staying with system lenses  is concerned this is of course best provided you are happy with the  number of "E" mount lenses Sony has on offer.  I attempted to test the Sony 70-200 f2.8 and discovered it's not made for "E" mount; you gotta buy the Sony adapter which costs you a half stop or so and about $400.  So if you want a fast 70-200 zoom " in the system" you're out of luck.

I've also been switching from Canon to Sony and have decided to buy Sony FE lenses to replace my Canon L series lenses. Somehow I just don't like the idea of adding an adaptor in to the equation (one more ting that could go wrong !) So far I have the following lenses :

FE 24-70 F4 Zeiss

FE 70-200 G F4

FE 16-35 F4 Zeiss

FE 35 F2.8 Zeiss

The Zeiss lenses certainly seem to be faster focussing than the G series lens. 

I am using a mix of an A7s and an A7II. In general the A7II seems better at focussing than the A7s but the A7s is superb in low light :) so I guess it is using the right camera body for the situation I'm working in :)

I have also bought a couple of the Sony HVL-F60M speed lights and been using them off camera at weddings with some great results; so far I have found the Sony speed lights easier to work with the the Canon ones I was using

I have moved to Sony A7s on the video side. Still use Canon for action shoots (1Dx and 5D3). Getting tired of the weight of the Canon lenses/bodies. Not sure if a A7 ii can do proper action shooting, but it would be nice to have for travels and non action work. I am waiting to see what A7r II brings to the table. 

I love the A7s for video and have also the Shogun, started with Canon lenses and Metabones - but as said above - you get tired of it after a while and have started to buy FE lenses.