Sony 50mm F1.8 vs Sigma 30mm F1.4

Hi Guys! 

So, I would like to graduate from the kit lens on my A6000, to something which better suits my needs and gives some of that creamy bokeh and low light performance that I am so desperately craving. 

I'm still very much learning "my styles" and as such, I take a variety of picture styles, but predominantly, Travel, Street, and landscape. 

With this in mind, I have shortlisted two lenses. 

• Sony 50mm F1.8
  • Sigma 30mm F1.4

I can't quite decide which to go for. Ultimately I'm looking for a bit of an all-rounder, therefore shorter focal distance and wider field of view coupled with the F1.4 aperture on the Sigma is really quite appealing. That being said the Sony 50mm also appears to produce some really great results. 

Does anybody have any thoughts on either or both of the lenses?

Cheers

Simon  :)

You summed up the pros and cons of each pretty nicely so the choice is yours really :)

It really depends on your subject matter. For portraiture, the 50/1.8 is a really great and cheap option. The 30/1.4 is probably a bit too wide for classic portraiture but more suitable for general use.

Also consider the Sony/Zeiss 24/1.8: great allround lens with a very close minimum focus distance. The closer your point of focus, the more blurry the background. When used as such, the 24/1.8 is able to create some bokehlicious buttery smooth backgrounds, e.g. for environmental semi macro shots (to include the context of your subject, fading into a blur).

Regards, Pieter