Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN lense

nisman

Hi, just wondering anyone here ever got a Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN lense for Sony A6000. I am thinking of getting one and not sure whether i require any lense adapter or not. Another choice will be sony 50mm f1.8 oss lense. I believed those are both prime lense, therfore cannot zoom in and out right.

No you don't need an adapter (assuming you purchase the E mount version!).  For around $200 it is reported to be a superb buy.  I have the 19mm Sigma and really enjoy it.  You should be aware that 60mm is about 90mm equivalency so it is a short telephoto.

Guest Jaf-Photo

The Sony 50/1.8 uses the advanced focusing system of the A6000, which the Sigma doesn't. The focusing is what sets the A6000 apart from similar cameras, so it's worth using lenses that support it.

Hi, just wondering anyone here ever got a Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN lense for Sony A6000. I am thinking of getting one and not sure whether i require any lense adapter or not. Another choice will be sony 50mm f1.8 oss lense. I believed those are both prime lense, therfore cannot zoom in and out right.

Yes they are prime lenses, not zooms.  It appears that you are a novice, perhaps you should consider the Sony 18-55 3.5/5.6 OSS e mount lens?  Nice little versatile ZOOM lens that can be had for around $75 used.

• 2 weeks later...