Is Sony a7RIII the right camera for me to shot?

Hi, I always use videocameras to shot 4K documentaries around the world. I don't sell my doc. but I only project them. Usually I am in the forest, bush, remote areas to film daily like of indigenous peoples. I always tavel alone. Now I use a small camera Sony AX100 to shot in 4K. I'd like to improve the quality of image but I like a simple and immediate camera. Sometimes I shot in auto mode too because scenes follow each other quickly. I'd like to buy the new Sony a7R III but I don't know if I make an error. Maybe a videocamera is better for me than a camera like the Sony a7R III? Some suggestions please?
Thanks

Although I have the A7rIII, I haven't yet taken any video with it so far.

For video, I'd usually use the A7sII because I can shot at the native ISO at 3200 with S-Log to get the maximum 14 stops of DR. The A7rIII is supposed to have a max DR of nearly 15 stops, but you'd have to shoot at the native ISO at 100. So it really depends if you need 15 stops of DR or 3200 ISO.

The Sony A7rIII and A7sII only use 8bit 4:2:0 codec right now, unless you record with an external recorder like the Atoms Shogun, you will get up to 8bit 4:2:2 codec. If you only use it for video, I'd suggest you to wait for the A7sIII, rumoured to be out in 2018, maybe Sony will be pressured to match Lumix GH5's 4K 10bit 4:2:2 codec. Also the GH5s coming out this week is rumoured to be a GH5 with high ISO like the A7sII.

If budget allows, Sony is starting to discount the FS5, which is a great and simple run-and-gun camera. 10-bit in 1080, with S-Log, HDR (HLG), dual card slots and a more modular form factor that allows attachments of mics and accessories.

The kit 18-105mm is acceptable at best; I'd look into the Sony FE lineup, the 18-110, or a Fuji 18-55mm for a simple kit.

I frequently work with the a7R, a7S and FS5, and they do match together extremely well, and you'll find it easy to adapt if you're already invested in the Sony ecosystem.

If budget allows, Sony is starting to discount the FS5, which is a great and simple run-and-gun camera. 10-bit in 1080, with S-Log, HDR (HLG), dual card slots and a more modular form factor that allows attachments of mics and accessories.

The kit 18-105mm is acceptable at best; I'd look into the Sony FE lineup, the 18-110, or a Fuji 18-55mm for a simple kit.

I frequently work with the a7R, a7S and FS5, and they do match together extremely well, and you'll find it easy to adapt if you're already invested in the Sony ecosystem.

I thank you for your info but unfortunately I don't shot in HD but only in 4K. Do you think it is better a7R or a7S for video?

OP...you have the advantage of being able to shoot hi quality stills with the Sony as well as video. If you don't care about the still option, then it is as you like. If a dedicated video cam will giv you beter results, go with it.

Very nice videos you make!

Just tossing this in there.  I know we are talking about FF cameras but Given your circumstances that you typical shoot in. I can make a Valid Argument to get yourself a Sony RX10IV 

24mm-600mm Range covers all of your bases. 1"Sensor 4K recording. Up to 960 FPS for super duper Slow mo.... 
f2.4-4  variable aperture...  600mm f4 come on where are you going to get one of these and still carry it on your neck?
Compact all in one design. No worry about about dust or dirt on the sensor while you are out in the field. 
Wifi and NFC smartphone connectivity. 

It's no A7S in terms of Mastering Low Light, but certainly always ready for whatever you throw at it. No need to change lenses to get that Super Wide 24mm angle when you are zoomed in at 600mm
  20MP stills
Weather sealed body for less than $1600

Travels well no need for extra lenses, Sensor swabs, and all of the other stuff you need for ICL cameras.

Just something to consider. 

Mark OneWolf
1WP

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jaf-Photo

The AX100 is hard to beat in terms of practicality vs decent image quality. So you would primarily be looking for a big leap in image quality, I guess. The bigger sensors and better dynamic range of the current A7 series would lead to some improvement. But I think the sensible thing is to be patient for the A7sIII. Sony reasonably should try to match the competition by boosting the specs, rather than protect their camcorder range by crippling it. All of their recent cameras have been cutting edge except for video specs. But that would be the role of the A7sIII.

Guest Jaf-Photo

The specs for A7sIII havent been released yet.

Given the popularity of the GH5 with 4K60, it would be foolish of Sony to stay at 4K30, which is what the A7-series currently has.

The best thing is to wait and see.

Yes, but shooting in 25p mode in UHD. I never would buy another stroboscopic 25p camera.