• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jozef13

jozef13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

A580 minolta 100 mm macro.

Because of some other expenses,i have not the financial this time to buy the 90 mm macro for my A7,so must do it with my old 580 and my still much older minolta.(sponsors?)

Attached Images

• DSC05175 2.jpg

#2 Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

The Minolta 100/2.8 is a very good macro lens. It's sharp and it renders out of focus areas beautifully. It also has a nice 3D pop to the images, whereas most macro lenses look flat. The only draw-back would be the screw drive focus but, macro work is mostly manual focus anyway.

I have the Sony version but it's the same lens. I use it both on A Mount and adapted on E Mount. The photos look beautiful on both systems. So, cherish your macro lens and it's problably the last thing you should change in your system.
  • Bside123 likes this

#3 Bside123

Bside123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

I completely concur with Jaf-Photo. The Minolta 100m f/2.8 Macro Lens is a very fine lens. In addition to the qualities already noted, the lens works well on all the recent Sony cameras and is a remarkable portrait lens. Although the screw-drive focus is an older technology, my copy is lightening fast. It's simply just a wee bit noisier than the SSM motors, but so what!? For serious macro work, use the lens in manual focus mode. The Minolta 100/2.8 is a keeper, and among many is regarded as a classic. It is a leader among any lens in its focal length. Keep it.

The photo of the butterfly you posted is a good testimony to the macro qualities Jaf mentioned. I'll bet the photo looks even better from the original file, rather than after being compressed and posted on the internet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: butterfly, propagation, summer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X